Talk

Advanced search

Advice please

(12 Posts)
nellyboo2 Mon 16-Oct-17 17:21:08

Hi,
After a silly blip (mental health breakdown due to chest infection. Felt very crap and didn’t do housework for three weeks), my son was taken from me under a PPO and then a Section 20 and lived with my mother for 11 days.
I’ve got myself back together (literally just needed a couple of days without my son), and have my son back.
I don’t know what is going on with regards to Childrens Services as not heard anything. But assume they’re fairly happy. We do have a working agreement and I’m doing my best to abide by that.
However, I have firm evidence (emails) that my mother (who should’ve helped in my time of need), is seeking custody of my son...
And I don’t know what to do.
I can’t trust my own mother... I have no one else...

CrochetBelle Tue 17-Oct-17 09:02:11

I'm sorry that you are struggling with your MH but courts do not remove a child just because you haven't done the housework for a couple of weeks.
Be honest with yourself, how bad did things get? Does your mother have genuine reason to be concerned about your ability to parent your son? Are you getting help with your MH issues?

nellyboo2 Tue 17-Oct-17 12:45:46

My mother refuses to talk to me. Things weren’t that bad it was more that whilst I was out of the house, the dog had messed, and trodden it everywhere. So animal faeces and Child = unhygienic environment. Had I have been home the dog mess would’ve been cleaned up instantly.

nellyboo2 Tue 17-Oct-17 12:46:41

MH back under control with new medication, counselling and on the CBT waiting list.

Fgdfgdfgd Tue 17-Oct-17 12:51:52

Hi everyone, I am a lone parent to an 8 yo I lost job yesterday due to my mental health, I have always been a loner only person I have to talk to is my mum but I feel I put a lot of pressure on her with my issues as I regularly cut myself and limit food intake and she is only person who listens but I know it's taking its toll in her and her health. I spenf majority of my time alone as my child is in school and after school clubs-i put my child into as many clubs as possible and money permitting as i dont want my kid at home with me when im so down he deserves so much mote than me, sometimes we go hours without speaking I don't know what to say or how to talk to anyone anymore i do want to be a good mum and i know my son loves me. I dont want ti be here anymore casuing my dearest so much pain. I have a support worker but not very supportive Ibe been to many counselling sessions over the years but I'm still trapped in this personality disorder. I just want to be happy again before I do something to end All of this pain no life is worth living like this

MrsRogerWaters Tue 17-Oct-17 12:52:54

Would you consider re-homing the dog?
Prioritise your son and his health and safety.

nellyboo2 Tue 17-Oct-17 14:30:21

Dog has a home lined up, but that home has another dog so dogs need to meet etc and failing that a breed specific charity will take him in.

Starlight2345 Tue 17-Oct-17 21:39:48

Can I ask why the dog is soiling in the house?
Unless it is a puppy not normal behaviour.

Glad you are rehoming the dog seems like another responsibility you don't need right now.

You need to jump through every hoop they ask you too.
I agree with the other poster look at yourself a tough look what are the issues?
Not sure how old your DC is ..Are they getting to school on time?
Uniform, or clean clothes
Had breakfast not sent to school starving.
Bed with sheet on.
Regulary bathed.

These are ideas of things to look at not accusations.

You do need to take care of yourself but also make sure all the needs of DC are met.

nellyboo2 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:26:39

He’s 4.5. Everything is being met.
Dog soiling due to anxiety due to house move 3 months ago.

nellyboo2 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:28:48

Exceeded in fact... today, he tried and liked broccoli. He’s never eaten any fruit or veg that’s not hidden in other food since weaning. Except sweet corn. Takes after his father.

CrochetBelle Tue 17-Oct-17 22:46:14

Where is his father? Is he involved?

CrochetBelle Tue 17-Oct-17 22:58:40

Hold on, look at this thread you posted at the start of the month..

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/feeling_depressed/3047856-help?msgid=72509565

In that, you say the dog has "gone", and that the dog was confined to a crate and the mess was in there, but in this thread the dog faeces was trodden everywhere.
If you are not being honest in these posts, make sure you are being honest with yourself.

What's the real situation? Why was your son taken from you? Why is there a chance your mother will gain residency?

What was the crisis that led to this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now