Talk

Advanced search

Ex's new partner

(6 Posts)
octobersunshine Fri 13-Oct-17 21:26:05

Can't seem to get my head around my ex introducing my child to his new girlfriend. It brings my heart in my mouth. I think of the child I gave birth to, and raise single handedly with little support from his father, and all the plans I had when I was pregnant and how I'd raise him, and she knows none of this. And I feel so helpless and sad. Is it normal, how do you cope?

eyebrowsonfleek Tue 17-Oct-17 08:46:04

flowersflowersflowers
It’s normal to feel sad. All you can do is hope that ex has picked a person who is warm and kind to your child.
flowersflowersflowers

beec Thu 19-Oct-17 22:53:12

It’s horrible isn’t it! Even when my ex use to take them over to his, I would feel totally lost!! Try and be really nice too her and you never know, you may end up having a good relationship with her over your ex and she will care for your child how you dreamed. Try not to think too far into it and take each day as it comes. You make it through the day, you go to bed and you wake up again and do it xx

Nikitasol Sun 22-Oct-17 21:06:37

My ex is now going out with someone new after we split up 7 months ago. I'm also finding it hard although I left him. She's ten years younger than me which is hard to swallow. Makes me feel sick. Especially when he's met her cos he's doing fuck all childcare

Louw12345 Sun 22-Oct-17 21:16:22

I can honestly say it will get easier. My dad picked a woman who didn't care for his kids so our relationship broke down.

My ex got with a girl 10 years younger than him. Stopped seeing the kids for months while they partied etc. My heart sunk knowing that woman would be around my kids. However she is lovely and my kids love her.

It's not been easy and we have had afew Fallings out iv had to tell her to back off abit to. She's now having a baby and hopefully she will be able to understand me abit better.

My kids are happy and that is the most important thing to me.

scoobydooagain Sun 22-Oct-17 21:25:00

My ex has introduced my ds to more than 15 women. Ds has reduced the time he spends there, only one night at a time now. Ds didn't want to go this week, eventually I got it out of him it was because of dad's new gf, spoke to ex, nothing could be done as new gf had moved in with him, it's the 4th gf he has been introduced to since this June! It's awful, so hopefully for you and your child, the new gf will be kind and around for a while

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: