Talk

Advanced search

Excuses for not paying child maintenance

(8 Posts)
glocked Tue 10-Oct-17 22:31:48

Just found out that my Ex has just spent £200 on steroids but hasn't paid any child maintenance since August 17th because he says he is skint. His fake orange muscles are officially more important to him than supporting his children.

Makes me bloody furious!!!!

Beautifulbutterfly82 Wed 11-Oct-17 18:17:12

My ex has never paid maintenance and we’ve been split for three years. He never intends to either. Says it was my choice to be a single mum (I left him) so I have to do it on my own. Fucktards the lot of them.

Starlight2345 Wed 11-Oct-17 22:06:31

Mine wanted to pay his pittance of £5 a week into a trust fund..

However I pointed out.He could put £5 a week in a trust fund if he wanted to however , he still owed me money to help pay for raising our DS...Guess what the trust fund doesn't exist. He pays but only because CSA made him..

ohreallyohreallyoh Fri 13-Oct-17 21:34:10

Oh I win this one. I am over weight. My ex doesn't pay because I will die sooner than him and he'll be left with three children to look after.

furryelephant Fri 13-Oct-17 22:25:20

Omg @ohreallyohreallyoh that's just so awful it's laughable! angrymine just doesn't because apparently the only thing a baby needs is nappies hmmfuckers the lot of them!

abbsisspartacus Fri 13-Oct-17 22:28:40

Mine refuses to pay because I will only spend it on myself it's 7.50 a fortnight she is 17 and it really is an insult

MeredithShepherd Sat 14-Oct-17 19:19:21

Ds is 3.5 and I've never had a penny. His 'dad' has made very excuse under the sun, wants a DNA test, isn't working, lives with his parent's... etc etc. He is working, he's self employed but unless I can prove it the cms can't do anything as he dodges tax and everything is in his mum's name.
He's just got married in Cuba though. Not got any money though. Luckily ds has never met him, he's dodged a bullet there!

NeedsAsockamnesty Sat 14-Oct-17 23:21:20

The one I hear the most from friends of mine is “he says I don’t need it because I get child benefit”

I get “your rich so why should I”

I was once sat in an office with a bloke complaining and getting loads of sympathy because the CSA was taking 40% of his wage. He didn’t like it when I piped up with 40%? Christ how long did you not pay for and how many chances did you get to rectify it? 40% tends to be reserved for serious none payers who have been given ages to resolve and refuse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now