We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tell me it will be ok - exh and new baby

(4 Posts)
Queenofthedrivensnow Sun 08-Oct-17 23:16:43

Because I just feel the mental load getting bigger. Exh new partner is pg. I don't really have an opinion about it either way. My dc will be delighted no doubt about that.

Exh has already said he won't reduce maintenance yeh yeh. But will very likely reduce contact due to moving in with partner. Currently he lives down the road. My dc love that he's so close.

Feel very emotional about it because I can see the positives but can also see my dc are losing already.

The weight of responsibility for me had just got bigger. He is backing away from them.

Queenofthedrivensnow Mon 09-Oct-17 08:10:02

Anyone?

Whoknows11 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:42:48

It's tricky. My children experienced a new sibling arriving this year. Now the quality time with their father has reduced as he has another responsibility.
I was very annoyed and upset for my children as it had barely been a year since he left that his girlfriend/ow got pregnant. I just wished they'd put the needs of our children before bringing another child into the situation.
My children have coped ok, my youngest has no real feelings on the matter to which he can express as he's only 2. My eldest however finds the whole baby stage very dull and is impartial at the moment.

To be honest it kinda went the other way to which I was expecting. I expected my ex to see his children less once his new baby arrived. Turns out he wanted to see them more. After trying to figure this out I reckon he wanted to get out the house as we all know babies can be hard work! Great for my children. I just hope it lasts! We're 9 months down the line x

Queenofthedrivensnow Mon 09-Oct-17 17:10:42

A mixed bag. Thanks for your post. I've been divorced a good few years but exh struggles to pay for and spend much time with my dc as it is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now