Talk

Advanced search

Housing benefit part time hours ?

(2 Posts)
user1464795209 Tue 26-Sep-17 20:56:56

Me again sorry to be a pain.
So for background I'm a single parent to a 2 year old and a 5 year old who has just started school.
I have taken a job which starts on Monday as a teaching assistant doing 21 h a week. The childcare costs per month for my youngest and my eldest to be dropped to school each morning by a childminder will
Be 676 a month . My wage is 640 a month ( part time teaching assistant wages are low ) ...
housing benefit currently pay 1050 towards my rent on 1150 and that's with a discretionary boost as the benefit cap bought it down to 860 and I had to apply for a additional payment as I couldn't afford it . My issue is because I'm now working 21 hours a week will they take the discretionary payment away? As even with working I will end up worse off if that gets taken away?
Anyone else do similar Hours ? How much help do you get for housing on a low wage part time job? Will they still give me the top I payment to make the housing benefit cover almost all
Of the rent ?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
hmmwhatatodo Wed 27-Sep-17 18:28:38

I am sure you will still get the extra money, you still earn a low amount. And you will get tax credits and help with childcare costs I assume?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in