Advanced search

SOCIAL SERVICES, domestic abuse, special needs, help.

(4 Posts)
mixedupmuddledup1994 Thu 31-Aug-17 22:52:44

I am in my early 20's, i have three children, (8,3,1). My 3 year old son has learning difficulties, i've recently left my ex partner due to dv, I moved into a hostel for a while and now I have my own 2 bed house, my son has become increasingly more aggressive and i'm not coping. Social services are involved due to my ex and a concerned hv, they keep making appointments with me then cancelling on the day and i'm really starting to struggle. I have thoughts of suicide often, I'm pretty sure I had pnd after my son was born that never went away. Every day he breaks something new, hurts me and his younger sister (eldest spends a lot of time at her dads who isn't my youngest 2's dad) I've asked his father and grandmother for help, both have refused, I feel as if at this rate I can't carry on. I dread waking up. I don't want them to be taken away from me, but I need help to sort out my mental health, I can't do this all on my own anymore. Can I talk with SS about them taking him temporarily or something? I really dont feel myself anymore and I don't feel like i'm equipped to meet his additional needs.

OP’s posts: |
rightknockered Fri 01-Sep-17 00:55:01

Sorry you're feeling like this. I also cope alone with my three autistic sons, and the exhaustion is relentless. Have you asked for a referral to childrens disability social services? Is your 3 year old in nursery? Who its involved with him and his needs? You can ask the paediatrician involved, and his nursery to refer you. Then get a carer's assessment, and ask for respite. I'm going through this at the moment, and it hasn't been easy so far. There are also things you can access without a referral from a social worker. You might have some sort of support group in your area.
And please see your doctor/hv about post-natal depression.
Really hope you get some help with this. You shouldn't have to make a decision about getting temporary foster care x.

BlackeyedSusan Fri 01-Sep-17 01:14:46

ask for respite care for your sn child. (I wish I had earlier)

Starlight2345 Wed 06-Sep-17 22:20:28

Can I also add , It will be worth a trip to the Gp for yourself and sometimes they can add an urgency to appointments.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in