Talk

Advanced search

DSs away with dad - feel like I've lost an arm

(4 Posts)
Goodluckjonathan76 Sat 19-Aug-17 13:55:44

It is normal to feel like that? DSs, 9 and 7, have gone away with their dad for 11 nights. They went last Saturday and I am just missing them so much, not helped by the fact that DH is also away (I am not a lone parent but posting here as seems most appropriate). I HATE not seeing them for 11 nights and 12 days and feel so sad that this is the way is has to be. My ex left us when DSs were little and, quite rightly, wants to spend time with them but I hate them being away and they have being away from me. My ex and I have only just formalised proper contact arrangements (before he just saw them on an ad hoc basis) so they will be spending more time with him. How do others cope? Just feel horribly bitter. I didn't choose to ever be apart from my kids.

OP’s posts: |
badgerread Sat 19-Aug-17 15:12:57

I know how you feel. I am a lone parent and my two DS 12 & 8 went away with their DF, his partner and her 4 DC last Friday. I'm not seeing them until next Sunday. I work FT which has helped but I am so down in the evenings and weekends. I just keep crying. I miss them so much..

We have been divorced for 7 years so I'm not sure why I'm feeling so down this time. I don't think it helps that I'm missing my eldest sons 13th on Monday. plus our house sale has just fallen through!

Goodluckjonathan76 Sat 19-Aug-17 16:45:12

Badgeread, I would hate to miss DS's birthday. Can't imagine how you must feel. Sorry about the house sale too. I work FT too which is a god send and keeps you busy/distracted. My arms literally ache for them. Mine are back Weds eve but I get really worried about them flying (bit paranoid about safety). Hope the time passes quickly for you. xx

OP’s posts: |
badgerread Sat 19-Aug-17 18:29:55

You too. I completely understand your point that you never chose to be apart from them x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in