Talk

Advanced search

Help depressed partner leaving me

(7 Posts)
Cbutton Tue 01-Aug-17 16:28:48

Just thought if anyone had gone through anything similar that could me advice.

My partner she has been getting worse and worse depression in the last year. After she told me her friend sexual abused her at around 7 months into pregnancy.
For a while we were doing great looking after our little boy while decorating our new house.
But last month or two shes gotten a lot worse.
Doesn't really take our son out Anywhere .
Sleeps all the time.
Bit anxious in going out at all.

But this week shes told me that shes leaving. I asked for how long, she replied how long is a piece of string. She's got it in her head that going 4 hours away to stay at a friend's will magically solve her depression.

Now I'm stuck i can't carry on with my job if she's gone. I cant persuade her to stay. Just scared that she wont ever come back.

I know me and my son will do fine just Ive always been the playful one and hes always gone to his mummy when hes hurt or sick .

OP’s posts: |
CosmicPineapple Wed 02-Aug-17 06:59:20

Is she getting any support from her GP or HV?
Do either of you have family close by who can help?

Cbutton Wed 02-Aug-17 08:10:11

My parents are always helping out but her parents started drinking again.
I manage to get her a councilling session but she's not too keen.
Tried and tried to get her to the doctors but she refuses

CosmicPineapple Wed 02-Aug-17 08:51:14

Can you connact the GP and ask for advice?
If she is set on going away and not seekung support then maybe accept it and focus on your child. I know it will be hard for you but in the short term it may help ger clear her head.

CosmicPineapple Wed 02-Aug-17 08:51:15

Can you connact the GP and ask for advice?
If she is set on going away and not seekung support then maybe accept it and focus on your child. I know it will be hard for you but in the short term it may help ger clear her head.

Starlight2345 Thu 03-Aug-17 17:05:28

I would go behind her back and contact HV and GP.

How old is child?

You may be able to get additional support for her. She may have PND , which there are lots of help for

Cbutton Thu 03-Aug-17 21:08:57

I was thinking of contacting the health visitor. Our child is 1 year and 2 months now.
She was in a better mood today and suddenly one thing that went wrong and shes completely down again

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in