Talk

Advanced search

Single mummy issues

(13 Posts)
BecksTheo34 Fri 30-Jun-17 13:39:48

Hi guys, ok so I'm a single mummy of a beautiful 4 1/2 month old boy..
I hardly ever leave my son, he is exclusively breastfed and his father is not involved at all. I'm only 21 and I love my mummy life.
My friend from years ago recently got intouch and she lives in Paris now! She wants me to go and visit for a weekend next month (Only two nights) but I don't want to travel with my son on my own. My parents have told me to go on my own and they will have my son. He is completely safe and I trust them 100% with him, and I can express enough milk. But I can't help feeling guilty for wanting a little break for two nights on my own. Is it wrong to leave him? Or am I just being completely overprotective?
Advice needed please, thank you smile xx

takeaweeseat Fri 30-Jun-17 14:44:33

No it's not wrong to leave your son, everyone deserves a break now and again. If I were you, I'd go and enjoy every minute of the break.

badabing36 Fri 30-Jun-17 14:57:46

I don't think I would've been able to do it. I think of the are no tickets booked yet I would postpone. Just do what you feel comfortable with.

From a purely practical pov, if you pumped and froze your milk over the course of the month you would probably be able to do it. But, you would also have to spend a large section of your trip pumping milk-fun.

AndNowItIsSeven Fri 30-Jun-17 15:00:31

It's fine to go but at 21 months I would only do it if you plan to stop breastfeeding g anyway. Do not stop for the trip as you may feel guilty.
On the other hand a Paris flight with a 22 month old will be fine.

takeaweeseat Fri 30-Jun-17 15:19:00

@AndNowItIsSeven

The baby is only 4 and a half months old.

BecksTheo34 Fri 30-Jun-17 16:38:17

It's not a problem pumping all weekend. But I might just wait until he is a bit older anyway and take him with me. @AndNowItIsSeven yes he is only 4 and a half months old but being on my own at 21 and not being away from my son for even one night is proving rather stressful. Wasn't the plan to be on my own either. If it helps me be a better mum being able to be refreshed for a night or two then why not? I get no break and to be frank I'm doing a brilliant job on my own and ebf aswell. Didn't ask for judgemental comments i wanted advice.
But thanks for the comments everyone.

Fitzsimmons Fri 30-Jun-17 16:41:39

You should go. It's rare that you will get such a good opportunity for a break. Your child will be fine. You will spend the entire weekend worrying (I speak from experience) but your baby will be fine.

Chillyegg Fri 30-Jun-17 16:42:18

Oh my gosh go.
Im a single mum had my dd at 22 its hard. Have a break! It honestly helps . Go and enjoy your self dear.

badabing36 Fri 30-Jun-17 21:10:14

Sorry, Becks I read it wrong. I I thought that you felt that you ought to go, but didn't feel comfortable doing it yet. If you want the break then go and have fun.

Earlyriser84 Fri 30-Jun-17 21:17:43

Definitely go ! Relax, have fun, enjoy yourself and re-charge your batteries. You son will be safe and loved with your parents.

x

Josieannathe2nd Fri 30-Jun-17 21:20:02

I'm a worrier so I'd have a practice night where your parents had baby but you were nearby I care they needed you & if all okay go for it! Realistically I'm sure baby would be fine but if you go you need to feel happy all will be well to enjoy yourself!

AndNowItIsSeven Sun 02-Jul-17 00:26:55

Sorry op, I confused your age 21 in years with your baby's age in months.

AndNowItIsSeven Sun 02-Jul-17 00:27:55

Also Op I wasn't being judgmental at all, simply saying that a short flight with a baby would be fine if you chose to take him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: