Talk

Advanced search

Long one. My mum emotionally blackmailing/bullying me

(2 Posts)
user1495583733 Wed 24-May-17 01:09:27

Hi. Iv slit from my kids dad and since then my mum well whole family really has started to try control my life. They dont want him to see his children and try blame him for everything even things that have nothing to do with him. Anytime i say i want to be able to be civil to him they hate it but my mum has said a number of times hel win you back and if you go back il never speak to you again youl loose your family and that they would ring social services on me. I dont want my ex back as he was abusive mentally financly and physical to me. Iv been on anti depresents on a while but with all this going on i feel worse. It feels no one wants to do whats best for the children they just want to act like children. Sorry for the rant i needed that off my chest as iv no one to speak to. Id like to add my family tells people they help me out with my two small children (both under 4) but they dont. If i ask them to havr them a hour a week so i can get shopping in im getting calls every 20 mins asking how long il be. Sometimes i feel my life and my childrens would be better if i packed us up and just left so no one in my family could find us.

deneedenee Thu 25-May-17 21:48:16

Hi User. No great advice, but wanted to say I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. You are doing what you think is best for your kids, that's the only thing that matters. Not people who bring you down, blackmail you, and pretend to be something they're not. You e obviously done well to get away from your ex. If your family aren't supportive if you either emotionally, or practically, maybe you can manage to subtly (or not!) distance yourself from them for a little while, while you build up your self confidence to be able to stand up there then?

If they want a relationship with your kids, they need to do things on your terms and treat you with the respect you deserve.

Are the kids at nursery? Can you do your shopping then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now