Talk

Advanced search

Single mum working part time EH being a twat

(9 Posts)
Ducketsmead Mon 22-May-17 18:07:12

Not sure where to post but hoping someone can help. I work on a zero hour contract but do approx 20hrs a week. ExH has ds 2 nights a week (this allows me to bump hours up slightly) but he recently mentioned that this might have to stop. Does anyone have experience of this or similar, Where do I stand in terms of work & money? Money's tight as it is & can hardly afford to lose hours

TIA

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Mon 22-May-17 20:13:13

Is there anyone else who can look after your ds?

Ducketsmead Mon 22-May-17 21:54:21

Hickory
Unfortunately my family don't live close enough to be able to do that, my best friend works shifts so can't ask her. Was hoping to avoid the court route as I'm trying to keep it as amicable as poss, but I'm thinking he's leaving me no choice but to do that

KeyChange Mon 22-May-17 22:47:02

Hi - Unfortunately I dont think court could make him have your son on the evenings. If that's what you mean. Or would you be pursuing him for more financial support?

It's shit being reliant on an ex in this way - in my case he is totally unreliable with monthly payments, he just stops if he has other stuff to buy, leaving me with a huge childcare bill to pay on a part time wage.

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Tue 23-May-17 12:22:18

Did he give you a reason?

Ducketsmead Tue 23-May-17 20:27:38

Hickory
He says its due to work commitments, (he works during the day hmm he also has a daughter from his new marriage. My sister reckons it's coming from his new missus & not from ExH

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Wed 24-May-17 19:08:15

I'm sorry I don't think I can really offer any advice. Hopefully someone else can.

LexiiLouu12 Wed 24-May-17 19:32:05

I can offer you no advice here. Mine stopped paying for her and only has her once every 2 weeks. I feel miserable most days that he's moved on with life and I'm still here living in the old one, looking after our daughter in the house we shared! It you'd like to vent to somebody or talk, please message me. You're not alone. X

RandomMess Wed 24-May-17 19:37:03

If the number of nights he has him drops to 52 or less (I think) then the CMS payable should increase...

I wonder if they realise that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now