Talk

Advanced search

How do you arrange CM with a freelancer?

(3 Posts)
BossaDad Wed 10-May-17 21:10:58

Ok, I know many people here get screwed by XPs who are freelancers. I'm not looking for people to off load though, I'm looking for practical advice.

I was made redundant a few months ago. I'm now trying to build up freelance work and a business in the same field. I think I'll eventually get the work but it's going to take time to get to the same earnings level if at all.

I told my XP I can carry on CM at the same level for 6 months, this is coming out of savings and redundancy payment ATM.

But I'm going to have to bring it in line with my earnings, which may well be erratic compared to being on a payroll.

Anyone got a situation that works for everyone ?

needsahalo Wed 10-May-17 23:27:14

Personally, I would,prefer less but regular and reliable than more but god only knows when?! As business improves, you could increase but always at a level you believe you can sustain.

Applez123 Fri 12-May-17 09:40:44

I think this really is one of those situations where it depends on how we'll you're communicating with your ex-DP. If there is trust there, and they know you're not trying to 'get out' of anything, then hopefully they can say themselves if they would rather a regular, lower amount or a sporadic amount based on your actual earnings.

I assume this isn't through the CMS, and is a private arrangement? If it's through the CMS it's so tricky to get a 'fair' outcome for everyone as the system almost forces you into a defensive position i think.

Good luck with the freelancing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now