Talk

Advanced search

University

(4 Posts)
fragrant12 Mon 17-Apr-17 10:12:17

I'm a lone parent with 1 child he's going way to uni in September and it's the other end of the country we live in London and he's off to Hull!!
I know I will be extremely lonely as we're very close and as I have no partner (not for the last 15yrs ) and can't drive to get out that much unless the busses 🚌 run I'm starting to get stressed about it all although this is several months away.
Anyone got any advice for me , it's probably worse cos I don't think he'll be moving back down South after uni either😒😒😒

user1487854472 Mon 17-Apr-17 12:55:43

Oh Hun, I already worry about this and my little one is 10 months old 😳

I think the only way to manage is to get lots of hobbies and start making a life for yourself. Pre baby I was very invested in my dogs and went to dog training clubs/competitions. I made a good group of friends and it filled that missing puzzle piece when I thought I couldn't have a baby.

Starlight2345 Mon 17-Apr-17 17:54:06

My DS is 9 so not there yet but can I suggest you start making plans..What would you like your life to be.. Could you mover closer to the town, take driving lessons. Start a hobby..I am not sure what it will be so you can at least make plans to move foraward.

fragrant12 Mon 17-Apr-17 18:24:01

I've had epilepsy for 40 odd years so not allowed to drive (that's a pain)
Thanks for response peoples

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now