Talk

Advanced search

Tax credits and notification letters

(6 Posts)
NewYearNewLife53 Sun 16-Apr-17 06:02:26

I wrote to tax credits people 2 months ago notifying them of a change of circumstances. The sum they pay me has subsequently been reduced. I only knew this from checking my bank statement.

Not a dicky bird in writing from themselves, though. I kind of expected a revised recalculation in writing so I could see how they'd worked it all out - but nothing's been sent.

Is this typical? Do I have to explicitly request a hard copy letter of their revised recalculation?

Ringonrighthand Sun 16-Apr-17 06:18:54

I started claiming tax credits last year when my partner left, all been fine, weekly payment received no problem but since the beginning of April (new tax year) my amount has reduced twice so far. I haven't had any notification about it and I can only assume it's based on what they "think" i earned last year so hopefully once my p60 is produced an adjustment will be made. I am not sure whether to get in touch with them myself first or just to wait and see?

So sorry I can't help but it looks like we are in a similar situation!

Ringonrighthand Sun 16-Apr-17 06:20:15

I also seem to remember last year my friend received her letter about her entitlement in about June/July so i guess it takes a while to send them all out!

Afreshstartplease Sun 16-Apr-17 06:46:26

They do tend to be slow with letters

Do you have a government gateway account if you can set one up it's a quick and easy way of making changes and viewing payments

NewYearNewLife53 Wed 19-Apr-17 05:29:40

I'm not sure re Govt Gateway a/c. I'll have forgotten the password though this may be recoverable.

Thanks for all the replies.

CrochetBelle Mon 24-Apr-17 15:06:01

If it helps, I haven't had written notification of this year's award yet either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now