Talk

Advanced search

Logistics of contact

(9 Posts)
HowamIgoingtocope Sun 09-Apr-17 07:55:39

Who does the collection and drop off of your children's contact. You or the ex.

murdershewrote Sun 09-Apr-17 08:08:36

My ex has collected and dropped off my dc for past 12 years. Mainly because he doesn't want me near his house or to come into contact with his wife i think confused but it's easier for me that way anyway as he lives in another town.

HowamIgoingtocope Sun 09-Apr-17 08:24:49

Ex has suddenly decided he's "not obliged" to do all the logistics.

purpleangel17 Sun 09-Apr-17 09:26:04

We share, one of us drops off and the other collects. We live 40 minutes away from each other but even when we lived 90 minutes, we did the same.

There isn't a rule per se but I think courts generally favour sharing the travel, unless one parent moves a long way away

HowamIgoingtocope Sun 09-Apr-17 10:09:10

I've been told otherwise to be fair. It all depends on the parenting split. How amicable the split was etc. If that has been in pace for years and suddenly one changes their mind. Fact is it isnt the other parents right then have contact. It's the children's right. It's only he other parents right not to have zero contact. Sorry I've been looking up stuff hahs

purpleangel17 Mon 10-Apr-17 08:14:41

I have never been to court so only repeating what I have read elsewhere and was told by my solicitor. All other things being equal, sharing travel seems like the fair thing to do to me though, whether that be meeting halfway or doing one leg each.

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 10-Apr-17 09:14:21

no nothing is equal in ours unfortunately , especially when it comes to school holidays. Its done on a case by case basis , ours has been in palce for 4 years and this is him suddently deciding he shouldn't do that day

purpleangel17 Mon 10-Apr-17 09:23:32

I am relatively lucky in that even though my ex was emotionally abusive and controlling, he hasn't continued that control to contact. Money is another matter but contact has been stable and we share the travel and have no other contact except by email if something changes.

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 10-Apr-17 13:08:25

He may have got a alternative proposal from me , n=but as he has ignored all of the alternative suggestions ive put forward and the fact that I cant collect them. Oh and he demanded it , ive kinda given up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now