Talk

Advanced search

High CMS/CSA assessment -what am I missing?

(3 Posts)
Toffeelatteplease Tue 04-Apr-17 23:49:26

So my chronically CSA dodging ex has always managed to shaft his responsibilities by engineering ridiculously low assessments. Usually I suspect by running his own firm and the CSA payments through that and being paid by the companies he works for direct.

3 days ago I had the letter saying my case was being migrated onto the new CMS system.

Today I have had a CSA letter through declaring a change in circumstances and a ludicrously but probably actually realistic assessment.

Before i do i little victory dance, What am I missing?
Is this some wheeze to do with shifting from the old to the new system. I'm a little too cynical to think I am actually likely to get this in.

clippityclock Tue 18-Apr-17 13:44:55

Well it can be worked out from their tax returns I think and also, although not too sure on this one, that if they are self employed they will make it so that he is on at least minimum wage.

I'm no expert though.

3xcookedchips Tue 18-Apr-17 14:55:41

The first CMS assessment is based on the minimum shared parenting arrangement i..e. I think its 52 overnights. If he has them more than that then he may inform them and they will recalculate.

Or he has misjudged and the HMRC tax returns have done him in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now