What about soft play, our local one only charge £1 for babies

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 28-Mar-17 15:22:00

Beach
Park
Woods/Forest
Museum
Ikea Creche

Chottie Tue 28-Mar-17 15:23:58

Do you have a local toy library you can borrow toys from?

Also do you have a local library, lots of books and activities happen in our local library, have you looked on your local park website, our local park is holding an Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday.

Have you looked on your local council website for local activities?

ohlittlepea Tue 28-Mar-17 15:38:20

Picnics
Libraries (our local ones do activities in the school hols)
Parks
Woods/Country parks (take bucket to collect random treasures like sticks leaves n pine cones to make pictures with)
Beach (bucket again for stones shell and sea weed collecting)
Chalks on the pavement
Making crafts with recycling (robots are always a winner use milk bottle lids for eyes and buttons)
Visit fish shop, it's a free aquarium smile my daughter loves going to our local one and the shop assistants don't seem to mind!
Garden centres nice different place to explore always have weird animal statues that toddlers love. (wyevale ones often have cheap soft play-ours is £1.50)
Make a toddler circuit at home (something to climb on, something to balance along (can just be a string on the floor to walk along) a box to crawl through, ball to throw through, send them around and around! That's a fave one of mine taught to me by a friend smile invite a friend over for any of these adventures, always makes the time go a little quicker having an adult to talk to and an extra pair of hands with the kids smile
Filling a trug with water (if u have garden) n giving lots of random pots to pour splash with is popular in our house. Or giving toys a bath.

Hope u have a nice waster break xx

ZombieApocalips Tue 28-Mar-17 15:40:14

Do you have a local FB group that lists events? You might have to pay petrol or parking but hopefully you can find some simple Easter egg hunts.
My son loved the garden. A bucket of water, a little spade and somewhere to dig and he was happy as Larry.

laurzj82 Tue 28-Mar-17 15:58:39

Messy play with shaving rice, flour, pasta etc. Finger or spounge painting. Yy to water suggested above. My dd used to love it when we got some old paintbrushes and used the water to pretend to paint the fence in the garden. Have you got something large you can put some play sand in to use as a sandpit?

Our local sure start centre has the odd easter activity going on over the holidays. Same with library. Soft play. Walks. Park if the weather is dry. Are there any local farms you could walk round? Feeding the ducks?

Will try and think of some more. What area of the country are you in? Maybe someone with local knowledge will be on.

Fuzzipeg Tue 28-Mar-17 16:27:49

If you do activities term time, could you suggest a meet up with some of the other mums from those groups. If you meet at each other's houses, no cost involved apart from possibly bus fare.
Our local pet shop always has baby rabbits, fish etc to look at.
A pot of water and a paintbrush outside, great for writing, drawing, 'washing', 'painting' etc.
Local library is always a good place if it's raining. Ours has some toys as well as books and usually holiday activities going on.
Cardboard boxes are good for climbing in or making cars or boats.

BlackeyedSusan Thu 30-Mar-17 22:33:33

teddy bears picnic, making dens with blankets, playdough made from flour. (google the recipe)

park, park , park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now