Talk

Advanced search

Single parents and working...

(9 Posts)
Lf803 Sun 19-Mar-17 10:33:20

Advice please... I need to get myself a job.
I've been doing a bit from home, which has been fine but I'm going to have to do something more permanent with a bit more stabilty. My question is what does everyone do with their children when they go to work. Pre-school shuts at 3, school kicks out at 3 and I have no family that can help. I would just like to know how everyone else copes because you obviously do! Inspiration please

PurpleDaisies Sun 19-Mar-17 10:34:14

My sister is a cleaner and just works during school hours.

megletthesecond Sun 19-Mar-17 11:53:29

Is there a nursery you can use instead? They usually have 8-6 opening hours.

Does your dc's school have an after school club, with spaces? I appreciate it's possible too late for your primary school choices but I picked schools based on wrap around childcare. Life a working lp is a logistical nightmare !

hmmwhatatodo Sun 19-Mar-17 18:56:38

Childminder that picks up from the school?

HappyHedgehog247 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:50:42

I use a childminder between 3 and 5 and work three days a week.

Lf803 Sun 19-Mar-17 20:28:46

What about during holidays?

GreenGoblin0 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:05:06

- holiday club
- sharing holidays with exp (assuming they have contact with children)
- childminder
- sharing childcare with another parent at school or friend with children (ie taking in turns to look after children)
-term time only jobs- schools / unis

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 20-Mar-17 15:23:32

Childminder here I work full time .

Ex has them for tea twice a week.

RueDeDay Mon 20-Mar-17 20:56:31

I work term time only and mainly during school hours (late night once a week when ex has DD). It's great in that I have no childcare costs, but it's difficult in that I get no breaks... I'm either at work or with DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now