Single parent = I'm desperate/I'll date anyone

(3 Posts)
Cherryblossom200 Sat 11-Mar-17 21:23:23

I've never dated as a single parent before up until now, but wow I'm pretty shocked by the views of a lot of men out there. I have a 2 year old and decided I may dip my toe into the dating world again. But the general feeling I get from men (strangely older then me) is that I must be desperate to meet a man as I'm a single parent. Which couldn't be further from the truth. Now that I'm a parent I'm even more pickier then I was before for obvious reasons.

I would like to think I'm a fairly attractive woman, have a job and own my own property. I find it very sad that now I'm a single parent a lot of men view me as a vulnerable women who is desperate to meet a man hmm

Foslady Sun 12-Mar-17 23:12:00

Oh yes - we all want/need saving and are desperate for a shag! I've come off OLD as it was skewing my view of men.
I'm also experiencing the phenomenon of 'if your are single again and so am I, it means that seeing as we were part of a group of friends years ago we can't just be mates now, we must fancy each other' (er, no, and I'm running out of ways of telling you......)

Louw12345 Thu 16-Mar-17 00:23:48

They aren't all like that. Those men just don't know how to handle an independent woman, they want their woman to need them for everything.
You will come across so many like that unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now