Talk

Advanced search

Single parent = I'm desperate/I'll date anyone

(7 Posts)
Cherryblossom200 Sat 11-Mar-17 21:23:23

I've never dated as a single parent before up until now, but wow I'm pretty shocked by the views of a lot of men out there. I have a 2 year old and decided I may dip my toe into the dating world again. But the general feeling I get from men (strangely older then me) is that I must be desperate to meet a man as I'm a single parent. Which couldn't be further from the truth. Now that I'm a parent I'm even more pickier then I was before for obvious reasons.

I would like to think I'm a fairly attractive woman, have a job and own my own property. I find it very sad that now I'm a single parent a lot of men view me as a vulnerable women who is desperate to meet a man hmm

Foslady Sun 12-Mar-17 23:12:00

Oh yes - we all want/need saving and are desperate for a shag! I've come off OLD as it was skewing my view of men.
I'm also experiencing the phenomenon of 'if your are single again and so am I, it means that seeing as we were part of a group of friends years ago we can't just be mates now, we must fancy each other' (er, no, and I'm running out of ways of telling you......)

Louw12345 Thu 16-Mar-17 00:23:48

They aren't all like that. Those men just don't know how to handle an independent woman, they want their woman to need them for everything.
You will come across so many like that unfortunately.

Sunflowersmiling Sat 01-Apr-17 07:38:04

Or the couples who avoid you for fear you are single and therefore MUST be abut to jump their partner?!!
I can't remember the last time I had sex...must be 4 or 5 years ago. Jumping husbands really isn't high up on my agenda 😂😂😂

Ratbagcatbag Sat 01-Apr-17 17:55:46

I had a guy friend at work. I'm just going through an amicable separation currently.

Guy friend starting making reference to his wife not wanting regular sex etc, and what should he do, I told him to talk to her and decide if it was a deal breaker. He asked how I was fixed as maybe him getting regular sex elsewhere may help his marriage. hmm I declined.
Next day when seeing if he actually spoke to his wife it turns out no, he hadn't. He was well pissed. I'm so naive it took me a couple of days to realise he's pissed at me because I said no. What a dickhead.

PollyPelargonium52 Tue 11-Apr-17 07:38:19

It is very annoying how the common view of many men is that we must be gagging for some male attention and desperate for sex.....!

lizzyj4 Sat 22-Apr-17 08:29:25

Sunflowersmiling - lol, I've had that too. Usually from friends who spent many hours telling me how useless their 'horrible/lazy/grumpy old man' husband is. So I would want him why? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now