Talk

Advanced search

Ex New House

(3 Posts)
spaceyface89 Sun 05-Mar-17 11:55:27

Cross posting here...

DS is nine months. Ex left 3 months ago. When we lived together, he showed very little interest in DS. He sees him as and when his social life will permit.

He is moving into a shared house with friends today. I know what their lifestyle is like - all nighters, after parties etc which is certainly not conducive to a small baby. As he's not the only person in the house he can't account for everyone around and the condition of the place. He doesn't really see DS enough to know just how mobile he is now and what he's like and I worry ex will not respond to this.

Ex is supposed to take DS every Saturday morning but i do have concerns about him bringing back to this house which I explained to ex. His response, as I expected, was to see this as a challenge and threat to his ability to control, and basically told me to shut up.

Am I being unreasonable to say until he can provide assurances the house is safe for DS, with cot, baby equipment, etc, and no afterparties when he's due to have DS, he can see him at his sister or parents house?

Violetcharlotte Sun 05-Mar-17 12:20:25

No yanbu at all. It doesn't sound like a good environment for a baby to be in, and I would be worried sick.

What are his family like and are they local? Maybe you could come to an agreement he sees the baby there? Is there a court order in place?

Violetcharlotte Sun 05-Mar-17 12:22:17

Sorry just re read your post and last para. I would say he can only see him at sisters/ parents

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: