Talk

Advanced search

Just one of those days

(7 Posts)
Sunflowersmiling Sun 05-Mar-17 00:46:16

Just been a rubbish day for no good reason, and ended it feeling like a total failure as a mum. Tired I guess, DS has special needs and noticing the areas hes delayed in today made me so sad for him. Noone to share the heartache with except the ironing board and a cup of tea. Saturday night boredom. Anyone got a magic wand out there?

TabithaBethia Sun 05-Mar-17 00:57:01

Well you are not a failure you are a mother. And you do ironing which is a step up from me let me tell you. Being a lone mother is a tough gig, I know as I am one too.

Keep going.

Your DS may have special needs but I bet he is awesome in loads of different ways, don't be sad.

Sunflowersmiling Sun 05-Mar-17 01:12:51

Thanks. He is awesome ♡♡♡. Still be nice to have just one day where we feel 'normal'. I actually managed to hit my head with the iron while mopping up spilled vinegar off the floor (using to clean glue off iron). Clunking own head has to be a first for me... But nicely sums up how I feel about today. :-D Thanks for kind words. Trying to feel less sad, just saturday night single mum blues x

jeaux90 Sun 05-Mar-17 09:42:50

Ah yes Saturday night single mum shit. Sometimes I think it's the worse night of the week. Sounds like you are doing a great job.

I also smacked my head for the first time last night grinbloody awful not having someone to turn to but then I thought "fuck it, I'm all good" xxx

Sunflowersmiling Sun 05-Mar-17 19:45:11

Oh no ... at least we're not alone with the head clunking!

Thanks. Hugs xx

Starlight2345 Sun 05-Mar-17 22:01:49

My DS has SEN ..He has a diagnosis going through Cahms for further help / diagnosis at the moment.

I feel divided between hiding all my DS's problems as I am feeling a failure but also very sad knowing how his life is going to be affected and then knowing no one really knows what I am going through trying to support / help him.

I love my DS can see he has some amazing qualities..No one really cares about those like I do either..

Not sure my post is much help. I just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Sunflowersmiling Sat 01-Apr-17 06:00:45

Hi Starlight, thank you. I get you totally on the feeling like noone notices DC amazing qualities. ..when so much focus goes on the challenges they face. I guess our role is to bring those amazing qualities out for all to see tho...reinforce it to counteract negative focus. I imagine my DS as a superhero. His challenges are his strengths because he has taught me so much about patience and nurturing that I never understood in the same way before.
Fingers crossed camhs can help...Early intervention can make huge difference in a child's life...sure your DS already has a great start tho with a mum who cares for him so much. Sometimes i wonder just how hard life must be for kids with additional needs that just don't get that love n nurturing.
On that note...I best get some sleep before my superhero wakes up...!

Hugs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now