Talk

Advanced search

Meeting half way -help!

(5 Posts)
Smithk86 Thu 23-Feb-17 22:38:26

My ex has text me today to say he is moving out of the county and that I am to drop off and collect our LO (3.5yrs) at a garage on an A road which is at least half an hour drive from me on a good day. The route is notoriously bad and it's likely it could take an hour.

My main issue is he is not telling me which town he is moving to. I am not asking for a full address and floorplan of his house, but I don't think it's unreasonable for me to ask where LO will be staying? I've said to him (as politely as I can) that I am unhappy to agree to meet halfway currently as I don't even know where she will be going of a fortnight and now he is telling me he will take me to court.

Am I being unreasonable?! Where do i stand?! I don't mind so much meeting half way....just halfway to where exactly?!

Angrybird123 Fri 24-Feb-17 09:45:00

I think it's perfectly reasonable to not send your dd off without knowing where she is going. Unless you have a history of harrassment there is no reason not to tell you. As for the driving..its usually the case that whoever moved does the majority of the driving but there's no rule as such. I think it's reasonable for you to stipulate you want a more suitable and less dangerous handing over place. Let him threaten court - the outcome can't be any worse than what he is proposing can it?

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Fri 24-Feb-17 09:46:54

He is responsible for collecting and dropping back his dc. And legally (unless dv an issue) you are entitled to know where your dc will be staying. Get you court outfit ready. .

Smithk86 Fri 24-Feb-17 10:01:16

Thanks for your responses.
I'm on good terms with his mum and she is having DD this afternoon so I will see if I can get the info from her.

I had him in court recently for harassment and he signed an undertaking where he wouldn't contact me UNLESS it's about DD but nothing on the court documentation mentioned face to face contact etc so I don't know whether that would make a difference.

Best polish my shoes then....

3xcookedchips Fri 24-Feb-17 10:45:55

It's not unreasonable to ask where she will be staying. However as a parent with PR he is not obligated to tell you. You actually don't have a right to know his address in the same way he does not have a right to know yours - unless there is a court order to make it known. Unless you have any welfare concerns(apparently you don't), you may well have to suck it up...unless you choose to go the court route.

If either of you are taking your daughter out of the jurisdiction of England & Wales then yes notification needs to be made.

People on here saying 'usually the case this..., legally that...' has no validity.

Where 2 parents disagree then of course you can make the application but it should be considered as a last resort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now