Talk

Advanced search

Please don't call me a single mum!

(13 Posts)
Atypical Fri 10-Feb-17 13:50:43

Mine is in her teens, dad didn't participate in her upbringing, gran parents (ex's parents) are behaving like strangers, pretended to care actually but kept on prying in our affairs without giving any needed support. Perhaps only if the grans know that their manners is pushing their gran daughter's away: every time she visited the granparents in the past she comes home confused and unhappy about what grandad esp says. My parents are abroad and yes, life is tough not having them close by, but we strived over the years and my daughter is doing great at sch. She is very sociable and happy. That's my story in a nut shell for the past 15yrs.

So please don't call me a single mum! I am a mum+++ and a dad++ a bit atypical like a goddest may be, like all fearless mothers with endless tears.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 10-Feb-17 13:54:52

I was with you up to but not including the last sentence...

Um, I'm not sure what to say to that. I am a single mum,to a severe autistic, no family, I don't expect a big title or medal.

AQuietMind Fri 10-Feb-17 14:00:12

But You are a single Mum confused

picklemepopcorn Fri 10-Feb-17 14:01:37

A lone parent then? Like the Lone Ranger? Bit without the mask?

ICanCountToOneHundred Fri 10-Feb-17 14:03:06

But you are a Mum without a partner so yes you are a single Mum, as am I. I don't really understand your post.

Harree Fri 10-Feb-17 14:20:38

Say what? confused

Pigeonpost Fri 10-Feb-17 14:25:30

I am a mum+++ and a dad++ a bit atypical like a goddest may be, like all fearless mothers with endless tears.

Eh?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 10-Feb-17 16:18:56

Were you on the wine, OP, when you wrote? 😆
Sorry, you're finding things hard, not sure the answer is in poetry though.

Atypical Fri 10-Feb-17 19:32:40

A little bit out the ordinary... may be - not sure about poetry though and wine.... I wish

Atypical Fri 10-Feb-17 19:36:27

This is all very interesting, I do really enjoy reading your feedbacks, (Thnks u) however said.

megletthesecond Fri 10-Feb-17 19:38:44

Double parent is my word for it.

PollyPelargonium52 Sat 11-Feb-17 08:36:00

I don't like the term single mum for what it is worth. I prefer single parent. Single mum always conjures up images of staying at home daytimes and watching tv and not working etc. It also sounds more victim. Just my view. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now