Advanced search

Checklist - partner moved out on saturday and I don't really know what I need to do.

(14 Posts)
colditz Tue 27-Feb-07 08:36:02

I have applied online for income support
I have applied at the council for HB and CTB
I have rung tax credits and stopped the joint claim

So now I have sod all money coming in until the income support comes through and CTC come back

have I missed anything? I am going to ring the water board and tell them I can't pay them until March.

PersonalClown Tue 27-Feb-07 08:38:47

You can apply to have your child benefit paid weekly if that helps.
Tell all creditors that you are on your own now. It helps if you get a little behind in payments or anything like that.
Tax credits should send you out another form as you get CTC for the kids(IS doesn't provide for kids anymore)
Apart from that I think you are sorted.

mistressmiggins Tue 27-Feb-07 08:38:49

Hi Colditz
was sorry to see your other threads

practically, why not go to CAB? I went there & its free advice on lots of things. They have a computer full of useful info & can find out things for you.

also ring the council - you are entitled to only pay 25% of your council tax for single occupancy

will think what else

take care x

zippitippitoes Tue 27-Feb-07 08:39:37

if you go to the job centre you can get an accelerated claim for tax and income support stuff

Tortington Tue 27-Feb-07 08:40:50

i haven't read your threads at all i dont think - you were not the person i expected to see.

colditz Tue 27-Feb-07 08:41:18

Accelerated? Why would they do that?

colditz Tue 27-Feb-07 08:42:43

Custardo - why not me? I know, I bet everyone thought I would put up with financial crap ad infinitum.

It was a close call.

zippitippitoes Tue 27-Feb-07 08:44:36

if you need money your claim can be fast tracked but you have to do it in person

colditz Tue 27-Feb-07 08:55:06

Ok. After ds1 goes to playschool, I will go to the job centre

Tortington Tue 27-Feb-07 08:57:05

good luck and wow - how brave are you <round of applause> probably bad taste but its how i feel.

if i can help with anything let me know xx

furcoatandnoknickers Tue 27-Feb-07 08:57:23

colditz im so sad for you, although I havnt read your threads. Are you a good coper? You sound strong.

Re the CAB
in our area you have to ring and make an appointment first. If you turn up it seems to be a waste of time. They need to have ther right person with the correct knowledge..IYSWIM. (I have wasted a lot of time there waiting!)It is a very small one thou'
thinking of you and dc's

colditz Tue 27-Feb-07 09:04:44

Thank you Custardo

I am a coper... or more accurately, I'll react when it's 'safe' (and probably have a breakdown in June too)

And I don't think reality has quite set in yet. But it will.....

Miaou Tue 27-Feb-07 09:09:39

colditz all the best for sorting this out. I don't think the job centre is the correct place for tax credits etc as they are Inland Revenue things - but they should be able to tell you where you do need to go.

Also recommend the CAB to help you sort out what you are entitled to - it's the little things like reducing your council tax that will make all the difference.

furcoatandnoknickers Tue 27-Feb-07 09:57:23

colditz - you wont (break down later) as you are getting life organised. You may be sad alot/grieve for end of relationship. This is NORMAL let yourself then move one (and shag anything that moves...)no I didnt really mean that NOR do I mean to sound flipant)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: