Advanced search


(4 Posts)
VerytiredbutVerynice2016 Sun 22-Jan-17 11:31:02

I've just found out my ex has been lying to the CMS about his living circumstances and that he isnt paying maintenance to his newer ex (he hasn't left their home like he said and isn't paying her any because he's not separated).

This has obviously reduced my payments for the last six months and I'm just wondering what on earth to do.

How can I get the CMS to recheck his situation? Do I phone them and tell them what I've found out??

Any thoughts from anyone??

katronfon Sun 22-Jan-17 11:56:21

Yes, phone the CMS. Be prepared to fight you corner - and they might or might not do anything. IME they are a bit rubbish. They'll possibly ask him. He'll possibly lie, and that will probably be that. But you never know, you might get a case worker who cares/knows what they are doing...
I'd probably insist that they ask him to prove he's been making payments. However, I suspect their stance will be that you have to prove he isn't.

Starlight2345 Sun 22-Jan-17 12:01:56

Yes I would phone the CMS regardless..Do you have evidence? I would offer to send them that if you do. My Case is been taken over by them next week so see what happens

VerytiredbutVerynice2016 Sun 22-Jan-17 20:11:30

He just told me verbally!

Don't think that's evidence - wonder what they would accept?!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now