Talk

Advanced search

What arrangements are reasonable with ex?

(5 Posts)
fgaaa Sun 15-Jan-17 09:38:17

I've been a single mum since day one, on day ds was born my ex decided to split up. He then had no contact with ds for 7 months.

We then went to him seeing ds for a couple of hours every other week at my house. Then to him having ds every other Sunday at his house for four hours when he was around 15 months old. Ds is now 2 and a half and he suggested before Christmas he wanted to start having him to stay the Saturday night as well in the new year I agreed and thought this was reasonable! However new year is here he's found a new girlfriend and has decided he's not ready to have him stay the night! I'm completely pissed off is this right to be annoyed at him? Am I over reacting? How can you not be ready to have him to stay the night?

CheekyNandosChicken Tue 17-Jan-17 17:59:57

I think you're right to be annoyed on behalf of your ds. The ex got your hopes up that he was going to step up and actually parent but has decided that his dick comes before his child. angrywineflowers

Starlight2345 Tue 17-Jan-17 20:49:17

Yes Sadly you can't make someone step up to be the dad your child deserves.

Enjoy not having to share him though sadly it sounds like his interest in his child will be love life dependant.

fgaaa Wed 18-Jan-17 10:42:56

It is such a shame, and although I feel like our life would be better off without him. I can't help but feel bad for ds, I'd hate for him to think I didn't want him seeing his father. I feel like the worst mum ever

NooNooMummy Wed 18-Jan-17 19:20:58

Yes, it's hard. I'm in a similar boat. It breaks my heart that my DD will have to know that she wasn't a priority to her dad and that I'm going to be the baddy for putting an end to his infrequent, inconsistent, half-arsed pretence that he cares about her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now