Talk

Advanced search

Ex's new baby

(2 Posts)
charlybear7 Sun 08-Jan-17 19:27:39

My ex and his girlfriend (the ow) have just had a baby. Our children are 6 and 19 months and will be introduced to their new half sibling very soon. Unfortunately my ex doesn't communicate with me well not from want nor trying on my behalf and as far as I'm aware very little has been mentioned about the baby up to this point. The words half brother of sister hasn't even been mentioned!

I'm concerned for my children and their emotional needs of this big change. My 6 year old has already said 'it's unfair how the baby gets to live with daddy and daddy doesn't live with me'.

Please any advice from anyone who's experienced similar?

user1483974309 Mon 09-Jan-17 15:55:06

I've been a singe parent since the birth of my DD five years ago, found out my ex fiancee of 7 years was cheating on me just after being my DD was a few months old. His next child was only born 3 months after...so you get the picture.

Due to the timing my DD only ever interacted with her father, alongside her step brother and step mother. However since the other woman did not want the ex to prioritise my DD contact has dwindled over the past two years. It has got the point that she now collects the DD on his days, and has asked me to stop troubling her husband over my daughter. My DD obviously is very young and does not really understand the situation, but she recently told me Daddy does not love her after the last weekend spent with him which really upset me. As soon as I called to confront this, his wife would not let me speak to him and told me to stop hassling their household. Obviously there is more to the story, but to keep things short this is the background.

I now have met someone new and he treats my DD like his child and she gets the proper dad attention. I don't know what I would have done without him. I don't doubt my ex's love for my DD, but his new wife obviously wants her son to be priority and has a certain amount of control in my view - she at no point allows my DD to integrate at all in the family. No family holidays with my daughter, long outings e.t.c. This is something I did not expect and my advice to you would be to watch out for this so they can at least have the appropriate amount of attention from their dad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now