Talk

Advanced search

Giving teenage daughter the wrong impression about one night stands

(2 Posts)
yaela123 Tue 03-Jan-17 19:45:38

Sorry it's so long!

I fell pregnant with my daughter at the age of 19, had her at 20. It was a one night stand with my older brother's friend. I was on the pill but had missed a couple. I have only seen him once since, when I was pregnant. He gives me absolutely no support, financial or otherwise. TBH, I'm happier with him completely out of my life.

When she was 3 I met someone new. He is amazing and they got on instantly. He moved in after 8 months and has always been like a father to her. We married 1.5 yrs later and now have 2 more sons together, now aged 8 and 5. DD is now 15.

My daughter (slightly accidently) knows the circumstances of her conception. I have always told her that I love her so much, her father gave me the best gift, I never ever regretted her (she asked), etc.

The thing I'm worried about is that I'm giving her the impression that it was a good thing to get pregnant this way at this age. I have never regretted her, but I have regretted how young I was and how she was conceived. I had lots of support from my family but being a young single mum was still incredibly difficult and I would be devastated if she found herself in the same position.

I don't really know what I want to get out of posting this, I just need somewhere to explain (not the right word) my worries.

ohmygodyouguys Tue 03-Jan-17 19:50:38

My cousin's fiancee is the product of a holiday fling and has never known who her biological dad is, however she does have a stepdad that she considers her dad. She's in her 30s, no kids yet but I don't know how old her mum was at the time. I don't have any advice as such but just wanted to let you know that your DD won't necessarily find herself in that situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now