Talk

Advanced search

He's just left us

(6 Posts)
octobersunshine Wed 28-Dec-16 20:17:27

The father of my 7 month old DS has just ended our relationship and I've just had to gather some belongings and go with my baby to my parents house.

I'd be grateful for any practical or emotional advice on how to move forwards. Seems so daunting at the moment, I don't know what to do first.

Thanks

Recentlylazy Wed 28-Dec-16 20:22:50

So sorry to hear this OP. Take all the RL help you can get. Hopefully your DM/D will support you. Don't know whether you are married or if you on a house, but regardless please go and see a solicitor in the next few days and find out what you are entitled to. I know you may not what to think about this at the moment but from experience I would say sort practicalities first and then grieve for your relationship.flowers

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 28-Dec-16 20:23:18

Was it his home then?
First of all I'd concentrate on routines for your little one and be kind to yourself. Assume if you at parents they are supportive?always someone on here day or night to chat to if you worried,down or just lonely.
On practical note were you working?claim any benefits you are entitled to (local office will help with that)
Build a support network of friends.gingerbread offer support to lone parents.you will get thru this even though right now it may not feel like it
X

octobersunshine Wed 28-Dec-16 20:37:09

Thanks both. We were renting a house but in the process of buying, so that'll have to be sorted out. I guess I need to take my name of the tenancy to get single parent benefits. I go back to work from mat leave in two weeks but before that, my partner's salary put us over the threshold for me to get any assistance. Hoping that'll change.

I really don't want to be the kind of person who says my partner can't see our baby but I'm finding the hurt too difficult to deal with at the moment.

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 28-Dec-16 21:04:22

Any particular reason he wanted out?
Unfortunately you have be "the bigger woman" and unless concerns over his ability care your child(in which case see with one your parents present?)its not fair in your little one deny contact her dad.if that means your parents have hand her over yo start with do be it,whilst you focus on something for you-go see a friend,get haircut etc.its pointless say will be easy but you will find a groove and then it will become as routine as all the other things you do.x

MagicMary1 Wed 28-Dec-16 21:08:51

I'm so sorry to hear that op. My ex left me when my second child was 6 months and my eldest was nearly 2.

He left us and moved back to Italy and shortly began a new family.

Your son will realise when he is older what a good mum you are and will be so grateful. flowersflowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: