Talk

Advanced search

For all of us doing it on our own

(6 Posts)
Foslady Sat 24-Dec-16 08:00:03

We have done another year and
We're still here - we have survived despite our darkest hours
Our children are great individuals who even though may drive us mad at times know that we are there for them and love them.
Have weathered even more unfair crap from the media about our situations (thanks channel 5 and the fail) but are still a million times better than those who believe it.
Our Christmas may have to be a shared one on not as grand a scale as their friends but we know that just as much (if not more considering how inventive we usually end up being!) care and consideration has gone into it.

So he kind to yourself and be proud of yourself - you have spent another year doing the work of 2 people so you have every right to be proud of yourself/knackered with life/ tearful/however you want so long as it's not self negative because it can be a lonely path you've walked, not always sure and no one who knows your child like you do to say 'you're doing ok' whenever you've had a wobble.

We are bloody fantastic!

millmoo Sat 24-Dec-16 08:08:00

Thank you op -that cheered me right up -sat here this morning a bit frazzled and that was just what I needed to hear flowers

friendshipstruggle Sat 24-Dec-16 08:22:46

Thank you. You're right. I'm sitting here beating myself up over something and your post just made me realise I'm not a useless idiot, I've done really well and I'm allowed to make mistakes and get emotional sometimes.

MrsMontgomerySmythe Sat 24-Dec-16 08:25:28

Lovely sentiment thank you for posting this.

Despite the challenges of being a single parent I have never regretted my decision to leave my violent and emotionally abusive ex.

7 years ago we spent the worst Christmas of our lives - walking on egg shells with the kids not daring to open presents due to his violent outbursts.

Within a month I had him removed from the house.

Since then our Christmases are a time of happiness, joy, fun and laughter.

Raising my children alone has been wonderful. A whole new life for us all.

Yes it is damn hard work but the sense of freedom and happiness a we have is priceless.

Wishing all parents everywhere a Christmas full of joy and peace.

HappyHedgehog247 Sat 24-Dec-16 10:02:27

Agreed OP! Was trying to say the same thing the other day in my Christmas Cheer message but this is so much better expressed.

Merry Christmas to all us super mums.

Xx

feelingdizzy Sat 24-Dec-16 10:11:52

Well done everyone.My 12 th Christmas alone with the kids.Our first in our lovely new house.
Wishing you all a fantastic day,give yourselves a pat on the back x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now