Talk

Advanced search

It's all getting too much

(5 Posts)
midnightswirls Sat 17-Dec-16 21:32:03

Just as the above says. I'm really struggling atm! My son is 6 months and has allergies so has never slept great. I've recently got out of an EA relationship and I'm currently in a refuge. My ex is making life difficult, I think he's following me and has been to a solicitors. Refuses to give me more money and trying to change his contract to give me less. My LB has had a bad cold this past week. He's been so unsettled/clingy and hard to get to sleep. He goes to his dads a week night and Friday night until Saturday night. He makes me feel bad for "dumping" my LB so he says. I just need a break though. I feel so lonely and unhappy. Sometimes I miss my old life before ex and DS. I just need a break

Newtoday Sat 17-Dec-16 21:38:57

Things will get better. You have done something incredible...you have taken steps to give you and your little one a life free of abuse in the home. You may not realise now, but that is huge and wonderful!

Don't expect too much of yourself at the moment. What got me through those very similar times was early bedtime for thr baby. I knew, no matter what and even if baby woke through the night, that I had an hour or two to myself in the evening.

It will get easier...I promise! Focus on creating a wonderful life for yourself and your baby, and never lose hope.

midnightswirls Sun 18-Dec-16 19:57:02

Thanks new, I hope it does

alotlikeChristmas16 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:01:44

Having 2 nights a week where your ex-tosser has LB is hardly dumping him, you sound well shot of that charming man. It will get easier, 6 months is tough because you expect them to start sleeping well and mine didn't until 8-10 months, so I found it a be patch due to my expectations.

blondiebonce Sun 18-Dec-16 20:09:45

Be kind to yourself! All any of us can do is try our best which is what you're doing! As Newtoday said, you've already taken a fantastic step towards a better future for you and baby!
You are not bloody dumping your LB! You're giving your ex access to give them the chance to bond and for ex to step up and do his bit!

Please take advantage of any help available to single mums/low income etc. You won't feel like this for ever! Take support, go to playgroups if you can. Go to citizens advice- you'll be eligible for legal aid.

Wishing you all the best. You're not alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now