Talk

Advanced search

Daughter wanting to come home when staying at her dads

(2 Posts)
BelleBoyd Sun 20-Nov-16 10:37:53

Posted about this a couple of months ago. And the same thing is happening again.
My 6 year old DD when staying at her dads-which her and her 2 yr old brother do once a week has started sending me long text messages from their dads phone at bedtime. Lots of emoji hearts, rainbows etc and then last night a little message saying she missed me so much and to please come and get her...
Their dad said she's being controlling and is fine and I should just ignore her. Not sure why he has taught her how to use his phone?! She isn't allowed to use or ever shows an interest in mine.
Anyway I went round there to give her a cuddle and see if she was ok and she said she didn't want to stay at her dads but didn't want to make him sad so she would.
I really don't want her to feel responsible for his feelings-that is such a huge weight to bear and just not fair on her.
Not sure what to do...

everythingis Mon 21-Nov-16 13:47:28

That's absurd why is he allowing her to do that? He needs to settle her and distract her and this will pass

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now