Online/Real Life Support Networks?

(5 Posts)
Fyoosha Thu 13-Oct-16 21:05:39

I've recently become a single parent and just wondered if you belong to any groups for single parents? Had a look on Facebook but don't seem to be any local ones. I only have one other single mum friend, who is of some comfort to me however we lead very different lives and she is actively dating and seems to find that part of it easy however I do not! Anyway, I'm not just taking dating, but meeting others in the same boat, whether online or in the flesh. Any recommendations at all?

Flowerpower41 Fri 14-Oct-16 13:52:42

There is www.singlewithkids.co.uk if you are living in a location where they meet up. They also run holidays. Where I live they fizzled out.

You might also wish to check out meet a mum section on the netmums website as I did make one really good friend out of it but she has since moved away although we still keep in touch.

Good luck.

Fyoosha Fri 14-Oct-16 14:41:11

Thank you so much - I've just registered with singlewithkids, looks like a good resource.

Flowerpower41 Sat 15-Oct-16 13:12:32

No prob. You can always look under Coffeehouse on the Netmums site for local friends who may be single parents. This is another section aside from the Meet a Mum part. A lot of them are very young though but I guess it depends how ancient you are!

yorkshirejo Wed 19-Oct-16 21:52:35

You could try mummy social and mush. I'm currently trying to set up local support group for West Yorkshire area.

Also Gingerbread run some local 'friendship groups'. Single with Kids have several different fb groups incl. social/MH plus another 1 or 2 I forget name of!

Good luck! I am just weeks into a separation and the loneliness is indescribable.... XXX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now