Advanced search

Going to court for residency and prohibited steps orders

(5 Posts)
feelingalone5878 Sat 08-Oct-16 19:12:07

Basically what the title says, has anyone had any experience with this? Any advice?

I have a court hearing next Thursday and want to be as prepared as possible. I don't have the funds for a solicitor so I'm going it alone

Little background basically my ex was abusive but only towards me and mainly emotionally/financially only at the end when he shoved me i called it a day and got him arrested.

He's a volatile character with no stop button angers incredibly easily and loses control with no warning. However he has never hurt or threatened to hurt our child.

The reason I'm seeking the order is although he has never done anything to DC he obviously has to me and in DC's presence.

He was an utterly useless father never did anything with DC claimed he wouldn't go to bed for him wouldn't eat for him and if I ever asked him to look after him whilst I had a shower/made lunch etc he would plonk him down ignore him and watch tv/play on his phone.

Ex is telling CAFCASS I abuse DC I od him on calpol and can't cope as a mother....which is utter bull. He has also made the effort to see him a total of 5 times in three months, and is not paying maintenance or contributing financially in any way.

I should also mention DC is 1 years old.

OP’s posts: |
Racmactac Sat 08-Oct-16 20:15:53

Is the hearing a fhdra?

What's in cafcass safeguarding letter? What do they recommends?

feelingalone5878 Sat 08-Oct-16 20:34:46

I have no idea?

I filled the forms out for requesting the orders and submitted evidence of DV as reasons for no mediation.

I then got a letter saying I had to be at X family court on X date X time and to be there 1 hour before to speak to cafcass. I have spoken to them on the phone so far that is all as has ex. The letter states the hearing will last approx 30 mins.

OP’s posts: |
Racmactac Sat 08-Oct-16 20:51:44

Yes it is then.
Cafcass will do police and children services check on both of you and do telephone interviews.

They will produce a letter for court stating what they think should happen next.
Go to final hearing because it's just parental dispute or

Order section 7 report to look at all the circumstances and decide what's in child's best interests.

But generally dads get contact

feelingalone5878 Sat 08-Oct-16 21:04:40

Thank you that makes it clearer. It's not that I want to stop contact I just want it to be supervised as he's very unpredictable in his behaviour. I don't know how likely this would be to be accepted?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in