Newly alone

(4 Posts)
Avpixie27 Mon 26-Sep-16 16:26:27

So after a long emotionally abusive relationship im alone. My son is 17months and after a horrible experience i finally left. I just want to know what its like for others and just feel the warmth for a while

grounddown Mon 26-Sep-16 16:29:40

My DC were just 2yo and 9 months, it was hard but 3 years on its amazing and I am now choosing to be single. Their dad was EA too, he was a shit to Co parent with for about 2 years and now he's actually really good.
Be kind to yourself and do Internet shopping smile

grounddown Mon 26-Sep-16 16:30:08

And we'll done for leaving, I felt such relief when I left.

relaxyourmind Thu 29-Sep-16 21:22:47

My ex wasn't abusive, he left me, but nevertheless I'm a single parent now with a 2 and 3 year old. It's hard but in many ways I'm better off now than I was. It's been 4 months, I'm still heartbroken but life goes on and we are putting the children first (shared custody and going ok). He has a new woman which is hard but was going to happen sooner or later so I'm just dealing with it all at once!

Very courageous to leave, you must have been very strong to do that and your child is very lucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now