Advanced search

Become single mum . How to start normal life

(4 Posts)
Le123 Sun 11-Sep-16 16:49:00

I used to do full time job until maternity and my partner decided to split out.I feel lost don't know what to do.our baby only 6 months old.I been asked to move out I've send email to council so need to bring some documents to sort out place for me and baby.may maternity aye stops in a month time so I will be without any money.not sure what can do about work don't think can do full time job where I gonna leave baby ? Childcare so expensive and she so small yet.what shoud I do? What the best option in this situation? Where from I can get any help?

Le123 Mon 12-Sep-16 10:45:11

Shoud I quit job and get benefits? Or better find part time job?
I never wanted to be on benefits but don't think I have other choice

Somerville Mon 12-Sep-16 10:51:17

Your ex partner needs to contribute financially too.

I take it you weren't married?

If I were you I would make an appointment at your local citizens advice bureau to see about interim benefits and what help might be available to help you get back on your feet and back to work.

Le123 Mon 12-Sep-16 11:04:45

No we wasn't married. He said he will give me 200 each month, but to be honest I don't think I will get it each month. He always has money issues:/
Thank you I will make an appointment x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now