Advanced search

Contact Centres

(5 Posts)
user1473289004 Thu 08-Sep-16 00:17:02

Hi everyone,

My partner has a little girl who is 3yrs, he has had her every weekend and a weekday every other week since he split up with his ex (about 2 years). He pays his maintenance every week and she is his world, he loves her to bits. Whenever there is an argument he gets threatened that he won't see her again, which is occasionally carried out for a few weeks. However, this time he has been told that he isn't allowed to see her again, in a few months time she might consider letting him have an hour's supervised contact once a month - can she do this? I thought supervised contact was if there was history of violence, or the parent had had very limited contact?


3xcookedchips Thu 08-Sep-16 01:00:06

She can do what she likes until

a) she relents
b) is ordered by a court to make the children available

Does he have written communication from the ex why she is not allowing their daughter to see her father?

Does he have written communcation stating its going to be months before his their daughter can see her father?

All he can do at this stage is write a letter(email) why its in their daughters interest to have regular ongoing relationship with her father and maybe suggest mediation.

in the meantime maybe contacts an orgainisation such as FNF for advice on next steps asap before a status quo is establised

Lelloteddy Thu 08-Sep-16 22:50:50

Steer well clear of FNF!

OP he is probably best to get some advice with a family law solicitor. Hopefully one letter will be enough to stop the constant threats etc and provide consistency for the child.

3xcookedchips Fri 09-Sep-16 12:32:06

Steer well clear of FNF!

You'll need to qualify that before so the OP can make an assessment what's best for their situation

A solicitor can draw up a letter and charge a a tidy sum, however, when you start ratcheting up the situation by involving solicitors at this stage it can get peoples backs up and they may become more entrenched.

A solicitors letter carrys no more weight or authority than if if you or were to write one. They are easily ignored without implications.

This why I suggested the initial email proposing mediation.

Delay is your enemy

SharonfromEON Fri 09-Sep-16 12:41:20

Assuming there is no other side to this....

Yes he now needs to follow legal channels...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now