Contact order

(5 Posts)
sillysausage16 Tue 16-Aug-16 20:35:38

My dp is attending court tomorrow regarding access to his son. He hasn't been allowed to see him for over 6 months since he and his exp got divorced. (We have only been together for a month it was nothing to do with me)

His ds is 2 years old. There was no history of anything between them, she just stopped contact as a reaction to him divorcing her. He's really nervous and is worried that he won't get any further towards seeing his son. Can anyone offer any advice / support that could give him some hope?

Lelloteddy Tue 16-Aug-16 22:52:35

You have been together for a month.
You take a huge step back and let his solicitor and family support him tomorrow. The first stage of any proceedings is just a formality and will likely entail the judge assigning a court childrens officer to get more background.

But for you, for now, take a very large step back.

Lunar1 Wed 17-Aug-16 07:58:16

How are you so confident you know the history, you have been seeing him for 4 weeks.

sillysausage16 Wed 17-Aug-16 08:36:54

We have been in a relationship for a month. I've known him a lot longer than that. All I want is advice how to support him not a personal attack. I have nothing to do with the court proceedings and have no intention of being in contact with his child for a long time. I am a lp myself and so know that this is not black and white. He hasn't even met my ds yet

Lunar1 Wed 17-Aug-16 09:00:44

It doesn't matter how long you have known him, you were not part of their marriage. You haven't been given an unbiased version of events. You need to look out for yourself here too, go on dates with him. But keep things light while he deals with this. Let him get contact sorted and well established and be someone he can talk to about things without being involved in the process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now