Talk

Advanced search

Feeling sorry for myself...... Slap needed!!!

(11 Posts)
Shoegal0305 Wed 10-Aug-16 18:35:05

I am basically that....... Feeling sorry for myself looking at all the holiday pictures friends are posting. I know it's easy to say don't look or come off social media but when you're a line parent its kind of a lifeline sometimes. Everyone and their dog it seems are having family fun in the sun. Haven't had a holiday in 10 years finances are hard. I KNOW I'm lucky I rent a nice house, I work my arse off and my son is healthy I do appreciate what I've got in just feeling envious of everyone........sad

JenLindley Wed 10-Aug-16 18:40:31

Well I am a lone parent currently on holiday with mine and it sucks. I am bored stupid, kids are playing up when they aren't in the kids club, when they are in kids club I'm just on my own, have no money to do anything else (like getting that infamous spa treatment everyone has told me to get! hmm) the weather is shite so we can't go to the beach. I would genuinely rather be back at work and sleeping in my own bed tonight.

cosytoaster Wed 10-Aug-16 18:46:58

flowers - instead of a slap, I'm in the same situation. On annual leave soon and fed up of being asked where I'm going. But bear in mind people only post their edited highlights on FB.

Bigbouncingbaby Wed 10-Aug-16 18:47:54

I'm with jen here . I took my two away in may half time ! It was lonely dull and hard work !!! I even came home a day early ...was great to be back

Don't get too hung up in Facebook people only put the good bits I have a friend who is away now posted some fab pictures but her 20 month old being a nightmare and she is exhausted 😂😂

JenLindley Wed 10-Aug-16 18:50:47

Yep I would easily pack up the car now and go home if the DC weren't having a ball at the club.

And definitely agree that people only post the good stuff on FB . Unfortunately I'm shit at painting on a happy face so I've posted nothing on FB grin

passthewineplz Wed 10-Aug-16 18:59:38

I know that FB isn't a true reflection of life, but happy families is all I seem to see. I'm genuinely happy for people, however it makes me realise how empty and dull my own life is.

DD is with her dad, I'm bored stupid and fed up with my own company.

I've no friends to do anything with (they're all busy with their own lives) when she's not at home, and to top it off its my birthday in a couple of weeks, and it will be the 4th year spending it on my own.

I've tried to perk myself up, tried to make new friends ect - but I just seem to go round full circle and feel sorry for myself.

JenLindley Wed 10-Aug-16 19:10:09

All very familiar here too pass. It really does suck.

Shoegal0305 Wed 10-Aug-16 19:53:37

Thanks all its good to know I'm not the only one feeling it! One friend in particular (we've all got them I'm guessing?!) is always telling me how hard things are....,,, they live in a 4 bed detached house, two 16 plate cars in the drive, now I'm subjected to looking at them in their luxury bungalow they have rented in Greece! I'm not a bitter person I'm really not but I feel bitterness oozing out of me grin it's not a quality I like in myself. Xx

Shoegal0305 Wed 10-Aug-16 19:54:39

Pass I feel the same when my son goes to his dad's (which isn't often) all my friends are off doing family things! It's really hard. Xx

passthewineplz Wed 10-Aug-16 19:55:28

It sucks big time Jen! 👎🏻👎🏻

I tried the holiday thing last year, wine helped a little 🍷🍷

stickiton Sat 13-Aug-16 21:56:13

I hear ya, passthewineplz! You are a step better than me too because I cannot even bring myself to be genuinely happy for others. I am often just plain old bitter and jealous. Worst thing about social media is I think most people are content and just take it all for granted. Most people have NO IDEA how lonely it gets and how SOUL DESTROYING it is to always be the one inviting people to do stuff with and getting five rejections before finding someone free. I Weekends and hols are full of 'sorry but just going to have a quiet day with family today as we are all knackered' or 'we're having a family day out to stately home/ expensive kid thing because it's hubby's day off but see you in the week'. I am knackered too! I am always making the extra effort to see people because I depend on their company more than they do mine. And then I get to questioning perhaps it's me, I'm bad company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now