Advanced search

Advice pls

(8 Posts)
WiMoChi Thu 28-Jul-16 11:55:44

I've just left my husband who was emotionally and a but physically abusive. I left as he hurt our child.

Police and SS are investigating. I'm staying with a relative.

What happens now? I have nothing, no money and desperately need somewhere permanent to live.

I also need to know if anyone can advise me about contact please. Will this man who has anger issues and previous police involvement because of violence be around my children unsupervised?

TheRealKimmySchmidt63 Thu 28-Jul-16 21:02:03

I don't have any advice but well done for leaving. Maybe seek out a women's safe home? Hope it all works out.

SharonfromEON Thu 28-Jul-16 22:21:19

It is worth ringing W omens aid for advice..You can apply for benefits at that address..Dependant upon your child's age it would be income support or job seekers.

I would also seek legal advice..You could well be entitled to Legal aid if abuse is documented.

cestlavielife Thu 28-Jul-16 22:23:44

For now is likely to be super vised
How old is child ?
Ask the named social worker.

Sqooobado453 Sat 30-Jul-16 19:02:10

Call womens aid, write a list of questions for SS.

Well done flowers You're amazing. What a strong example to set to your kids. Well done you OP.

MariaMcGrath87 Wed 17-Aug-16 11:10:43

Such courage to remove yourself and your child from a volitile situation. That isn't easy in itself. You can ring your local housing office and register yourself and your child as homeless and they should help you in finding temporary accommodation until you can find something that is long term.

FreeFromHarm Wed 17-Aug-16 11:33:53

Well done for leaving, as Maria said the police and ss can write a letter to your local council register, have the police done a risk assessment for the MARAC board yet ?

FreeFromHarm Wed 17-Aug-16 11:39:03

You also need to get legal advice, as you should be able to get legal aid , they will discuss about contact, as you have reported to the police (not legally trained btw just an escapee) contact I suspect will not be advised as dh hurt dc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now