Talk

Advanced search

First date nerves

(2 Posts)
pineappleeyes Thu 28-Jul-16 06:15:31

I have a date tonight. Seems a nice chap. Met on a dating site. I am so nervous I've woken up needing the loo, feeling queasy and have a dry mouth. Why do dates have this affect on me. I'm looking forward to it and I've had a few dates before and been nervous & felt similar to this so why do I have this awful reaction and does anyone have any tips to help calm me down..?

KittyKrap Thu 28-Jul-16 06:49:00

Don't think of it as a date or your chance to meet 'the one'!!! It's a night out with someone you get on with. He could be wonderful or he could be a spanner that smells like cheese.

I met my DH through OLD. It can work! We were both relaxed as we'd spent two weeks chatting and got on great, I did make the mistake of wearing shoes I couldn't walk in. It meant I was hanging on to him but hey, happy days grin

And if you don't have a spark, DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP! There aren't any laws that say you have to see him again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now