Advanced search

Specific issue/section 8 orders

(4 Posts)
Claraoswald36 Mon 04-Jul-16 20:46:02

I'm trying to find out if I can move away legally. My exh has a contact order and I don't have a residence order. By away I mean around 50 miles not abroad or anything but it would involve changing kids schools. Exh works abroad but owns a house close to me now and has the kids eow etc now. I wouldn't contest the contact that's fine. I want to know if legally he can stop me moving this distance. I can't find any specific examples online.

Fourormore Mon 04-Jul-16 21:13:33

If it involves changing the children's schools then yes, he can apply to the court on the basis that it may be better for them to stay with him and at their current schools. He'd probably be unlikely to achieve it if the level of contact was the same and the schools were of the same standard.

What difference will it make to the children's relationship with him if you move? Are the schools both the same standard? What reason is there for the move?

Claraoswald36 Mon 04-Jul-16 21:16:20

No specific school identified bit partner and I trying to decide what to do as both want to leave current city but need to know our rights etc before we consider it

Fourormore Mon 04-Jul-16 21:21:17

Then you're best focusing on how a move would improve things for your children.

I can't see any point in your ex taking you to court to prevent you moving if there's no change to how much contact the children have with him though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now