Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good single parent holiday (with 15 year old son) UK/abroad and last minute, thanks

(11 Posts)
JennyMe Sun 26-Jun-16 08:16:19

Hi there,

I've made a sudden decision that I want to go on holiday, preferably abroad in the first week of August with my son. I've put off booking a holiday due to being a single parent, not knowing where to go or having the courage to book anything and travel alone with him but this morning I've decided, enough, I need to get out and do on holiday and brave it alone.
Can anyone recommend a good single parent holiday company, please?

JennyMe Sun 26-Jun-16 08:17:13

Sorry, typo there. I've decided I need to do it and go on holiday alone. Life is too short.

srslylikeomg Sun 26-Jun-16 08:23:33

How about a Mark Warner holiday? Windsurfing in Greece? Warm relaxing but stuff to do (paddle boarding if you don't fancy windsurfing) they csn be expensive so you could try belong flights accommodation and windsurfing lessons separately? You can relax and have inexpensive meals out

starry0ne Sun 26-Jun-16 09:52:39

I have been abroad with my DS he was 7 and 8 and just did it on my own..I booked a pool with slides in it as they attract families.Not too pricey again much more friendly people and lots of books for me...DS has made friends and I have relaxed..It has been fantastic..First one I did all inclusive second was self catering once I had more confidence.

Emeralda Sun 26-Jun-16 09:57:17

What does he like? What do you like? Budget? Anything you want to avoid?

Phineyj Sun 26-Jun-16 10:01:33

Would arty things appeal? West Dean college welcomes all and it's a lovely area. I think activity holidays are good for meeting people. For a UK city trip Bath is a nice base, or Brighton.

Phineyj Sun 26-Jun-16 10:05:36

I mentioned this as I've been with my mum (different courses). We both had a good time. The accom and food is quite lavish for the price!

www.westdean.org.uk/study/short-courses/courses/5d6331-make-a-leaping-animal-puppet#block-timetable

JennyMe Sun 26-Jun-16 18:18:20

Thanks for the info, I'll look in to it all. He's a fairly typical 15 year old boy, doesn't like to do much except play games online, skate at weekends and not much else but I could really do with a break and think this could be one of my last chances to spend some time with him. A bit of activity, with some relaxing and sun would be great.

JennyMe Sun 26-Jun-16 18:19:07

Fairly low budget but willing to spend a bit to have a memorable time.

mayhew Sun 26-Jun-16 18:21:03

Eurocamp have some sites with teenage activities.

Hellothereitsme Sun 26-Jun-16 18:29:07

Eurocamp have a club called Base Camp aimed specifically at teens and run be external company. Parc Albatros near Florence had the base camp a couple of years ago and it was great. Beautiful campsite with relaxing outside bar areas where you can get a drink listen to live music and not feel awkward being on your own. We flew into Pisa , caught train and then taxi to campsite. Trips to Rome are organised by the campsite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now