Spending one on one time with each child

(4 Posts)
DEK64 Tue 21-Jun-16 14:14:53

Hi all,

I'm a single parent with 2 DD (aged 11 and 13) .. I work full time but I'm now realising I need to spend some more time with each of my girls on their own.

Can I ask if you get chance to do this and for some ideas of what to do with them?

Thank-you xx

starry0ne Tue 21-Jun-16 23:42:35

I have a 9 year old and it is mostly just the 2 of us..Maybe ask the girls to come up with ideas...I would also tell them to be realistic budget wise.

MeMySonAndl Wed 22-Jun-16 14:01:23

You can get them involve in the decision, you can tell them that you would like to spend time with each of them individually and ask them to help you to draw a time table wher each one knows when is their own time with mum and the other one can suggest what will she be doing in the mean time.

You don't need to get out of the house to have one to one time. You only need two separate spaces.

megletthesecond Fri 24-Jun-16 22:10:36

I'm afraid we don't get this and it causes real problems. Mine are 9 & 7 and only get the odd hour with me when the other one is at a party. So no answers I'm afraid, I feel your pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now