Talk

Advanced search

Someone please hold my hand

(10 Posts)
TheLadyWithTheYellowHat Fri 10-Jun-16 23:12:05

I left my partner on 6 March due to a domestic violence incident police got involved amd I ended up on my mums doorstep at 1 am, now I am living with my mum and dad, im so scared as to what the future has for me and my ds. I have found a house its a lovely house but im terrified of being lonely, I only have a handful of friends and only one of them knows ive left my wx and the reson. Please can someone tell me its going to be ok? And I can do this alone, Im only 25 and my ds is 3. Sorry for the post im just lay in bed in tears because my boy is so beautiful and I want whats best for him in life.

TheLadyWithTheYellowHat Fri 10-Jun-16 23:12:47

Sorry on phone left my ex*

ImperialBlether Fri 10-Jun-16 23:17:19

Oh you know what? Everything will be fine. More than that, it'll be fantastic. You're at such a great age and you already have such a lovely child in your life. You are really lucky!

What's going on with your ex now? Is he allowed to see your little boy? If so I hope you manage it so that you don't have to see him on your own.

Why don't you have a good think about what you want long term? Are you working? If so are you happy there? What would you really love to do? Are you in an area where there's a good school for your son?

Try not to think of romantic relationships for now while you get over being so badly treated. If you think you can't tell a bastard from a good guy then try the Freedom Programme. I think you can do it online. Try to build up some good friends - that's friends who are good for you and who want what's best for you.

And you're probably better off staying off Facebook for a bit as other people's "happiness" shoved in your face can be very depressing.

TheLadyWithTheYellowHat Fri 10-Jun-16 23:22:13

Thankyou for replying, my ex picks up my son from my mums and I go out before he arrives so I don't see him now, I am working but I am in retail so rubbish money. I really want to take a course in nursing but I don't have the funds to at the moment, I guess I just feel really sorry for myself tonight, ive seen a doctor and I am going to counselling but I don't think its working, I still feel rubbish!

Perpetualstateofchaos Fri 10-Jun-16 23:29:27

You will be fine your stronger than you realise you are. If you ever feel lonely looking at your ds and knowing how far you have came helps you through. I left my abusive ex when I was 21 and ds was 9 months old. I'd just had enough said I was going and went. I never looked back. There were times when I was really lonely but that was more so because I was isolated from my family and friends. I was 65 miles away from the nearest one as he'd made me move. Ds is now 9 and I'm stronger than I ever thought I could be. My long term plan was leaving ex and his enabling mum as far behind me as possible. It's a long road and may seam worth it but looking at ds and the young man he's becoming makes all the hardship I went through (due to my circumstances) worth it. Your son will be better with a mum that's happy rather than kumquat and dad together and dad being abusive to you.

Perpetualstateofchaos Fri 10-Jun-16 23:32:24

Sorry it should read It's a long road and may seem hard but it is so worth it when you look at your son.

Wolfiefan Fri 10-Jun-16 23:35:17

You are allowed to feel about rubbish for a bit!
Your DS is so much better not growin up thinking DV is normal.
You are strong and can move forward to better things. Be proud!!!

cocochanel21 Fri 10-Jun-16 23:42:36

I was a single parent when I had dd1. I was 15 when she was born I also lived with my parents. Her dad never had anything to do with us. At 18 Dd was 3 we moved into a flat. At first it was scary and I was anxious that I couldn't cope without my family around. It was actually the making of me, dd was happy and I gained alot of confidence and was very happy on my own for a long time.
Sometimes it takes a while for counselling to work don't give up on it yet.
You won't always feel like this.

Lelloteddy Sat 11-Jun-16 12:28:57

You have already done the absolute best thing you can for your son by getting out of a violent relationship. One day at a time. In the long run you and he will be just fine.

TheLadyWithTheYellowHat Sat 11-Jun-16 13:25:16

Thankyou for your positive words, im feeling a little better today, I CAN DO THIS!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now