Talk

Advanced search

Today DS made me cry with something he said

(6 Posts)
ProfessorPickles Mon 06-Jun-16 22:16:31

It was getting too late for his nap, so me and 2yo (2y9m) DS got onto my bed to relax and have a cuddle. We were having a laugh and I grabbed him to give him a big squeeze and I said "I love it just me and you" and he said "I don't" so I questioned him further.
He said "me and mummy and nobody else" and he looked genuinely upset. He really looked so sad and kept saying how he was sad there was nobody else sad

I asked him who else he wanted and he said he wanted daddy back and a brother and sister.

I left his dad when he was a tiny baby so has no memory of us being together but I suppose it's allover books and films having a mummy and daddy together etc.

It just broke my heart, I ended up crying and I just feel awful now. I know he's only little but he really meant it.

He talks as if he's far older than he is and never fails to surprise me with the things he comes out with but usually in a positive and funny sense. But today he really did break my heart!

I just wanted to share it with someone really, I wouldn't feel comfortable saying it to anyone in RL.

megletthesecond Mon 06-Jun-16 22:25:01

Oh, that's a tough one isn't it. (Hug)

Like you say, it's probably something he's seen on TV or heard friends talking about that has got him thinking.

There will be so many upsides to it being just two of you. That's something you could mention in the future, probably when he's older.

ProfessorPickles Mon 06-Jun-16 22:48:50

Thank you for the hug Meglet, I just needed to share it with someone I suppose!

We will definitely talk about all the good parts to it being the two of us in the future smile

On the plus side he did say he loves me very much, and had a good giggle when I offered him a goldfish instead of a sibling. He has a fantastic sense of humour!

He makes me very happy and I suppose it just made me a little sad to think he might not be happy just having me for a family.

timelytess Mon 06-Jun-16 22:50:39

flowers
He's only two. He doesn't know how much harder life is with more people.

Kent1982 Fri 10-Jun-16 21:19:00

Damn I can feel this conversation coming my way too. We also have the most fun together I think I will be a sobbing wreck,

ProfessorPickles Sun 12-Jun-16 14:57:21

Oh dear Kent, why do you think it is coming your way?

It really caught me off guard as I didn't expect that sort of talk for another couple of years if I'm honest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now