Advanced search

what can I do?

(4 Posts)
maiseymai Tue 24-May-16 17:19:59

Hi, I just got my visa through so that I can stay in England for longer , it's a two ad a half year visa, I was hoping it would have ' public funds' granted but it doesn't and i'm really sad, I don't know who to go to or what to do! I married my british husband 8 years ago in Vietnam my home country, we had a child and stayed there, in 2012 we returned to the UK with our little boy Cameron. Everything was great until he started cheating on me. so we split up but not divorced, and I live on my own, and I work everyday to pay the bills and he has given me not a penny for two years now, and I have recieved no benefits at all. Our little boy now lives half a week with his dad and half a week with me, it is very difficult I know but the only way I can see it working for me. I don't feel like I have any rights in this country, my husband gets all the child benefit and doesnt give me a penny even though our little boy is with me half a week every week. And now I spend over £1000 on a new visa so that I can work everyday pay bills and look after my son, with no help from anyone, what can I do?!

Peace74 Wed 25-May-16 19:33:33

Have you tried the citizen advice bureaux. Or a local advice centre. I hope you can find some help.

Claraoswald36 Sun 29-May-16 18:40:41

You need legal advice my love as I'm confused why you have a work visa with no recourse to public funds. What is your nationality? What is your child's nationality?

Lunar1 Sun 29-May-16 19:47:12

The visa conditions are normal if you're not from an eu country. My dh had that on his and the visas are really expensive. This shouldn't stop you going for child maintenance though, I'd give them a ring ASAP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now