Talk

Advanced search

Emergency contact for me?

(9 Posts)
Squiddles Sat 21-May-16 10:47:26

I'm in the process of separating and filling in forms. Ds,21 is based 150 miles away dd is 18. Any extended family member is over 200 miles away. My question is who do I put as emergency contact for me? Was always their dad. I feel dd is too young to be first point of contact in a crisis. Should I approach a friend?
Having written this down that feels like the obvious solution, unless anyone has a better idea?
Thanks

Fourormore Sat 21-May-16 14:39:23

I'd go with a close friend too and then make sure that friend has contact details for your DC.

DawgDawg Sat 21-May-16 14:50:04

I have put 3 people down (Childminder & work colleagues but they are still friends) All have agreed to have DD overnight as emergency carers.

I have given the G.P these details, the Health Visitor & given the friends each others numbers & a key to my house.

DawgDawg Sat 21-May-16 14:51:31

P.S - all this info is in 2 places at work. My personal file & in my managers file of contacts.

navylily Sat 21-May-16 14:53:53

I always put my mum even though she's 200 miles away. I also made sure she had ex's number in case the DC were with him and anything happened to me.

DawgDawg Sat 21-May-16 14:54:59

P.P.S blush

One is listed on my mobile under I.C.E (this stands for in Case of Emergency) that police etc would look for. Im also considering leaving a contact number in the glovebox of the car on paper.

I sound like a real worrier, I suppose I am really!

BertieBotts Sat 21-May-16 15:13:21

I have always gone with a neighbour or friend who lives nearby.

Flowerpower41 Mon 23-May-16 07:08:23

I had a 'friend' I wished to put down as an emergency contact and she refused. She said she didn't want the responsibility. Charming!

megletthesecond Mon 23-May-16 07:21:32

I've got my mum down, even though she's 100 mile away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now