Talk

Advanced search

Will I cope?

(3 Posts)
Whitemarshmallow8 Sun 15-May-16 11:00:16

Hi I'm looking for some experiences from others as the future is looking very daunting right now.

I have a 4 year old Sen child, hard work but worth it, but I do sometimes find myself struggling. Father is involved occasionally, but no overnight stays.
I am coming up to 20 weeks pregnant, and single after this baby's father has left me.
Is it as hard as I imagine? Nightfeeds etc? As it stands this father won't be involved.
I am worried for the future of my children and myself.
Please help x

Littleoakhorn Sun 15-May-16 19:24:41

I don't have a child with SEN, but I do have a 2 year old and a 12 week old. Dh works away 6 nights out of 7. I cope though and it's nowhere near as hard as you'd expect. Ive learnt to be really independent and to forward plan like mad. The newborn days were a blur of sleep deprivation and kids TV, but also lovely and cosy spending all that time cuddling both my children.

whattodoforthebest2 Sun 15-May-16 19:35:42

I haven't been in the situation you're in, but I am a LP to 3 older DC. Yes, it's hard, but you get very resilient and manage to juggle the things that need juggling.

I think one of the better aspects of having young children/a baby is that there are a lot of opportunities to mix socially with other mums and that's fantastic support in the early days. Making friends at school, toddler group etc gives you a group of friends who, in some cases, are in the same boat and can be a lifeline.

Keep posting on here too, there's a lot of us LPs around. smile flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now