Talk

Advanced search

Financial advice please to help my exit plan

(4 Posts)
emza78 Fri 29-Apr-16 15:28:48

Hi all,

After financial advice please as I can't seem to make the figures add up. Currently living in family home with joint mortgage. I doubt OH will let us stay here so will have to sell up. I can't afford to get another mortgage on my own and earn too much to get housing benefit (I work part time). I've done entitled to website and could get work and child tax credits but will I get that if I have the lump sum from the sale of the house? If I don't get the tax credits I'm not going to have enough money to rent anywhere, what do I do then?

Thanks all, don't know if I'm supposed to be using the lump sum as rental payments but that will be depleted in a few years whilst OH gets to keep his, seems unfair.

DumpedForAGymnast Mon 02-May-16 22:31:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

emza78 Tue 03-May-16 17:21:27

I've been ringing around and discovered that pre universal credit, ie now in my area (and no idea as to when it's to be rolled out) I can have a lump sum and still get tax credits, however as soon as uc comes in, I won't get anything, £850 a month less! If I apply now before uc comes in it the £850 will be transferred across.. Just accelerated my leaving plan!

DawgDawg Tue 03-May-16 17:22:56

I think if DC are under 5, U.Credit wont apply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now